I’ve been sick for two weeks and that means I’ve gained a few pounds. Comfort food is definitely my drug of choice, but it turns out all the carbs in the world won’t cure bronchitis. Go figure.
Still, I tried my best and I found that one dish popped up more than once on our table during my convalescence. It was so delicious, that I decided to whip up a big pot of it for my mother-in-law’s birthday dinner this week. She loves Italian food, so I made a feast of Caprese salad, prosciutto mozzarella baguettes, Parmesan chicken, and this fabulous Four Cheese Baked Pasta.
It not only tasted delicious, it looked beautiful in my new Le Creuset brazier.
Here’s how it’s done:
2 lbs pasta (I used mini shells)
30 oz Ricotta
1/2 cup Parmesan Romano blend (1/4 c each)
1 cup mozzarella
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 cups pasta sauce
1. Boil your pasta to al dente and preheat your oven to 350.
2. Mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, Romano, garlic salt, and eggs. Stir until smooth and well-mixed.
3. Drain your pasta and mix in with your cheese mixture and pasta sauce, stirring well.
4. Spread pasta into a casserole dish and top with mozzarella.
5. Bake 30 minutes and then share this awesomeness with people you love.
What’s your favorite comfort food?